FAQ 213
I want to withdraw from the University, what should I do?

In all cases, we strongly suggest you speak with the Guild Advice Unit. There may be financial implications of your decision, and other actions (e.g. Interruption, changing the mode of attendance or programme) may be more suitable.

Taught Students:

If you want to withdraw from the University, you will need to:

See your tutor at your College to discuss your situation.

You will then either be directed to complete the form through SID Online, or a College administrator can go through the form with you in person or over the phone if you prefer.

Please make sure you select the proposed date of withdrawal. This must be agreed between yourself and the college.

If you are an International student on a Tier 4 student visa, you will need to see an International student support advisor. Please make an appointment by logging an enquiry online with the SID Desk (click 'Log Enquiry' below).

If you are in University Accommodation, the accommodation team will update the online Withdrawal form to let you know about moving out and terminating your contract. You will be required to enter in the date you wish to vacate your accommodation on the online form.

Once the online form has been approved by the Associate Dean for Education or nominated delegate (and the International Support Team/Accommodation if necessary), it will be passed on to our Student records team who will complete the process and send you an email to confirm. If relevant, the University will notify the Student Loans Company of your withdrawal.

Please return your UniCard to the SID desk in the forum or St Lukes.

Please be aware that there may be serious financial implications if you withdraw from your studies at the University of Exeter. You are strongly advised to consult the Students’ Guild Advice Unit before completing a withdrawal form. You can make an appointment with them on 01392 723520 or studentadvice@exeter.ac.uk

Research Students:

If you need to withdraw from your programme you should discuss this with your Supervisor and the Research Administrator in your College who will advise you of the options you have. If you do need to withdraw you will be asked to complete a Withdrawal form. Once the form is signed by all relevant persons, the Research Administrator in the College will confirm details by letter.

For more information, please see our Statement of Procedures or log an enquiry with the SID Desk (via the Help and Support tab at my.exeter.ac.uk).