FAQ 298
I need to change the title of my degree.

University of Exeter degree titles are generic and relate to the discipline/department in which you are registered. 

Only in very exceptional circumstances will amendments be permitted.

All requests must be made through your supervisor and supported by an official request from a sponsor, government, employer, etc, explaining the reasons why the amendment is necessary. 

The Dean of College or nominated deputy will consider the request and if they agree to the amendment they will forward it to the Dean of Graduate Research for final approval. The revised degree title will appear on your transcript and also on your certificate, if requested. 

However, your student record will not be amended.

For more information, please log an enquiry through the SID tile in iExeter or by pressing the 'Log Enquiry' button below.