"Studying" 14 SubCategories 104 FAQs
- What is the Freshers' week schedule for 2017?
- Do I still pay fees if I interrupt?
- Do I need ethics clearance?
- What if my appeal is rejected, what is the next step?
- Once I submit my appeal, how soon should I expect my result?
- How do I submit an appeal?
- Who can I discuss my appeal with?
- I am unhappy with my tutor/supervision/teaching, can I appeal?
- My programme requires me to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service check (DBS - formerly CRB), what I do?
- What is 'Fast Track'?
Academic skills development
- Can an Academic Skills adviser help me with my referencing?
- Can an Academic Skills adviser help me with my presentation?
- Can an Academic Skills adviser help me with my academic reading?
- Can an Academic Skills adviser help me with using the Library?
- Can I get support if I have problems with maths and statistics?
- Is there anywhere else I can go for one-to-one advice on my studies?
- Can I get email feedback on my written work?
- How do I book a room?
Change to Date of Birth
- How can I find my student candidate number?
- Can I access past exam papers for revision?
- How do I register to sit my referred/deferred exams overseas?
- Can I bring my mobile phone to use as a watch/calculator?
- Can I use a dictionary in my exams?
- How do I get my calculator approved for use in exams?
- I have lost my UniCard, can I use alternative ID for my exams or do I need to replace it?
- What is the difference between a referred and deferred assessment?
- Can I bring valuables to the exam hall?
- Is it possible to sit near the front/back/door of the exam hall?
- My Religion does not allow me to sit exams on a certain day, how do I ensure this is taken into consideration?
Exams - specific provisions
- How do I apply for mitigation?
- I have paid the British Council to sit my exams abroad, do I still have to pay the University?
- I had extra time for my exams last year, do I have to apply again?
- How do I arrange to get extra time in my exams if I am entitled to specific provision?
- I already receive specific provision but I feel my condition is getting worse/has changed, do I need to be re-assessed?
- I have missed the deadline for specific provision in examinations, can this still be granted?
- I have just been ill/had an accident, can I make special arrangements for my exams?
- I felt ill during my last exam, how do I report this?
- I may have to miss my exam due to ill health, how do I let you know?
- I have an exam today which I cannot attend, what do I have to do?
- I am running late for my exam, what do I do?
- I had specific exam provision at school for my A levels, do I need to re-apply?
- What is the deadline for applying to sit exams abroad?
- I have missed the deadline for applying to sit my exams abroad, can I still arrange this?
- I am returning to my home country before the date of the main exam period, can I take my exams in my home country/university?
- Do I have to pay for my referred exams?
- I want to book a holiday/other event during the exam period, can I rearrange my exams?
- Due to ill health/personal circumstances I have not been able to study for my exams, who should I notify?
Postgraduate Research Student examinations
- I am not ready to submit my thesis and need an extension to my submission deadline.
- I need to submit or re-submit my thesis/dissertation for examination.
- I need to submit the final copy of my thesis/dissertation to the Exeter Research and Institutional Content archive (ERIC).
- Who do I send my major amendments to for approval and what happens next?
- Who do I send my minor amendments to for approval and what happens next?
- What date do I put on the Title Page of my thesis/dissertation?
- I need to change the title of my degree.
- I need to submit the final copy of my thesis/dissertation in hard-bound form.
- When will I have my viva and who will arrange it?
- Who selects or appoints my examiners and when are they appointed?
- I need a letter to confirm I have submitted.
- When can I attend Graduation?
- When will I receive confirmation of my award?
Registration & changes to your programme of study
- How do I register at the University?
- I have collected my IT username and password, am I registered?
- I have registered but can't access the Library or see my modules.
- I want to change programme, what should I do?
- I want to change my mode of attendance, what should I do?
- I want to interrupt my studies, what should I do?
- I am not recognised as having a valid student status.
- I want to withdraw from the University, what should I do?
- My address is incorrect.
- What is the difference between interruption and withdrawal?
- I want to return from interruption
- I am a staff member but also a student who needs to register
Student Oyster Photocard
- I get a message that my timetable is not yet available, when will it be available?
- My personal timetable shows no classes or is incomplete.
- My personal timetable shows a clash.
- I have changed modules, but the old module is still shown or the new module is not shown.
- I wish to change to another class group.
- When do classes start and finish?
- I haven't received my exam timetable, how do I get a copy?
- I can't see my exam timetable on MyTimetable/iExeter, how do I get to it?
- I think my exam timetable is wrong, what do I do?
- Where is my exam being held?
- When will I get my exam timetable?
- When are my exams?
- Where do I find the dates of my exam periods?
- Exporting teaching timetables
Transcripts & certificates
- How do I request additional copies of my transcript/certificate?
- I need to get a copy of my Graduation certificate/transcript urgently, can you do this?
- Do I have to pay for another copy of my Graduation certificate/transcript?
- I never received my final transcript, how do I obtain one?
- I am a University College Plymouth St Mark and St John (Marjon) student, how do I obtain copies of my transcript?
- I am a Junior Year Abroad (JYA) student, how do I obtain copies of my transcript?