FAQ 391
There is a mistake on my visa/Biometric Residence Permit (BRP), what should I do?

When you receive your BRP card make sure to check it carefully. It is the responsibility of both you and the University to notify UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) of any errors within 10 working days. UKVI will need to correct the mistake and issue a new BRP card.

Common errors include spelling mistakes in your name, or errors on your date of birth, incorrect visa length or working permissions.

If you do come across any mistakes, we strongly recommend you discuss this with us in the first instance. We will help you make the correct type of application and follow up with UKVI on your behalf.