FAQ 390
My current visa expires more than one month before the start of my new course, can I extend my visa in the UK?

No. If your current visa expires more than 28 days before you are due to start a new programme, then you are legally required to return home to renew your visa.

You should refer to the Tier 4 information pages on the International Student Support website for information about applying for your visa from home.

If you require further advice about your particular situation, please log an enquiry and an International Student Adviser will help.